I love stuff like this!!!
1) The soda 7-UP was created in 1929; "7" was selected because the original containers were 7 ounces. "UP" indicated the direction of the bubbles.
2) Mosquito repellents don't repel. They hide you. The spray blocks the mosquito's sensors so they don't know you're there.
3) Dentists have recommended that a toothbrush be kept at least 6 feet away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles from the flush.
4) The liquid inside young coconuts can be used as substitute for blood plasma.
5) American car horns beep in the tone of F.
6) No piece of paper can be folded into half more than 7 times.
7) Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes.
8) 1 in every 4 Americans has appeared on television.
9) You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching television.
10) Oak trees do not produce acorns until they are fifty years of age or older.
11) The first product to have a bar code was Wrigley's gum.
12) The king of hearts is the only king without a mustache.
13) A Boeing 747s wingspan is longer than the Wright brothers' first flight.
14) American Airlines saved 40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served in first-class.
15) Venus is the only planet that rotates clockwise.
16) The first CD pressed in the US was Bruce Springsteen's "Born in the USA."
17) Apples, not caffeine, are more efficient at waking you up in the morning.
18) The 57 on the Heinz ketchup bottle represents the number of varieties of pickles the company once had.
19) The plastic things on the end of shoelaces are called aglets.
20) Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin.
21) The first owner of the Marlboro company died of lung cancer.
22) Barbie's full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts.
23) Michael Jordan makes more money from Nike annually than all of the Nike factory workers in Malaysia combined.
24) Adolf Hitler's mother seriously considered having an abortion but was talked out of it by her doctor.
25) Marilyn Monroe had six toes.
26) All US Presidents have worn glasses. Some just didn't like being seen wearing them in public.
27) The sound of E.T. walking was made by someone squishing her hands in jelly.
28) Debra Winger was the voice of E.T.
29) Pearls melt in vinegar.
30) It takes 3,000 cows to supply the NFL with enough leather for a year's supply of footballs.
31) Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating are already married.
32) The 3 most valuable brand names on earth: Marlboro, Coca-Cola, and Budweiser, in that order.
33) It's possible to lead a cow upstairs...but not downstairs.
34) Humans are the only primates that don't have pigment in the palms of their hands.
35) Ten percent of the Russian government's income comes from the sale of vodka.
36) The sentence "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog," uses every letter in the alphabet. (Developed by Western Union to Test telex/two communications)
37) Average life span of a major league baseball: 7 pitches.
38) A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why.
39) The airplane Buddy Holly died in was the "American Pie."(Thus the name of the Don McLean song.)
40) Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history. Spades - King David; Clubs - Alexander the Great; Hearts - Charlemagne; Diamonds - Julius Caesar.
41) Clans of long ago that wanted to get rid of their unwanted people without killing them used to burn their houses down-hence the expression "to get fired."
42) Hershey's Kisses are called that because the machine that makes them looks like it's kissing the conveyor belt.
43) Only one person in two billion will live to be 116 or older.
44) Snails can sleep for 3 years without eating.
45) Actor Tommy Lee Jones and US vice-president Al Gore were freshman roommates at Harvard.
46) The fingerprints of koala bears are virtually indistinguishable from those of humans, so much so that they could be confused at a crime scene.
47) Months that begin on a Sunday will always have a "Friday the 13th."
48) The Eisenhower interstate system requires that one mile in every five must be straight. These straight sections are usable as airstrips in times of war or other emergencies.
49) There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
50) All of the clocks in the movie "Pulp Fiction" are stuck on 4:20
51) A pregnant gold fish is called a twit
52) Rocks explode in microwaves
53) Steam rollers don't actually roll steam
54) 1,111,111 x 1,111,111 = 1234567654321
55) Coca-Cola is better at cleaning your drain pipes than
products like Draino
On the Run
2 years ago