Friday, January 25, 2008

"Mecklaces"

Sometimes I think there are things that should go without saying. Unfortunately when something is not said I feel the need to address it on my blog. This way I can be assured that there is no confusion and then I don't have to mention it to anyone who may be an offender. If I offend anyone that is not my intent. I will apologize to every man wearing a necklace right now if you will also apologize for wearing one.


The Puka (Puke-a) shell necklace is GREAT for women... when they are within 10 miles of an ocean beach. It is NEVER ok for men to wear these. My brother Bart calls the guys that wear these "sup bros" they are usually seen driving Jettas and wearing K-Swiss shoes.


I don't know what these are called. Apparently men wear them because of this picture and it needs to spot. I think I have seem hanging things from them. Come on guys... not a good idea.


So this is what people look like when they wear gold chains... this is not a good look.

Almost like the gold but worn on the outside.


Any leather type necklace is bad for men... this is borderline Gothic.


Hemp! This was popular during the Curt Cobain era. Now you can pick them up at your local Pac Sun or Buckle. These can also be worn by "sup bros".


This is THE ONLY acceptable necklace to be worn by men. The military uses this for identification which means that it actually serves a purpose.

So remember the following are bad:

Fanny Packs
"Mecklaces"
and cell phones on belts!

3 comments:

Jake & Robyn said...

Brad!! I love this! I was seriously dying. We were watching American Idol last night and a guy had a "mecklaces" on! Jake was dying, I had to show him your blog after that! He loved it!

Lara said...

Were you inspired to write this because of an old coworker who had it welded on to his neck?? sad.

ANDREA said...

lol oh gosh. this is funny. i love you