Thursday, October 9, 2008

Email Address Help

I read over resumes in my position at work to hire new people in my department. I have come to recognize the good resumes from the bad by different indicators one that I can't stand is one I have to mention to everyone so the 3 people who read this will be uplifted and enlightened.

If you really want a job with a professional company or you want an email taken seriously, your email address should not be close to any of the following:

naughtynana@yahoo.com =dirty old lady who probably smokes and has dial up.

loves2sleep@aol.com
=probably will call in sick alot

summerof74@netzero.net
=If you remember the summer of 1974....

alwyzlate@hotmail.c0m
=Who cares what time I work?

puppylovr43@earthlink.net
=Dogs are great... don't make it your life...

RyaJulie4kids@msn.com
=Other commitments that won't take a back seat!

gilsgirl4ever@aol.com
= The biggest problem here is that they still use AOL... tech fail!

bookwormer@hotmail.com
= Reality is hard for this person to understand.


Here is what is acceptable.... study it!

(your first name, last name)@gmail.com

(first initial, last name)@gmail.com


(first initial.middle initial.last name)@gmail.com


Notice that I chose a gmail account for your email. Gmail is google mail... its huge right now and people who are more computer savy have them. It does tell me a lot about someone's computer experience when I see a gmail account.

I hope this is a lesson learned for everyone... if you have a problem with this... don't blame me... blame yourself for a poor email choice... repent and get a new email account!

(Note these email address examples are not real email addresses that I know of... if they are it by pure coincidence... if you have an email address like this... keep it personal not business!)

4 comments:

Ty Lyman said...

I guess mine will be fine then....kaeblyman@gmail.com a real email address.

Joyce said...

Whew. I made a good choice in going gmail then.

Lara said...

Oh good. So bootyliciousbabe89hottie@yahoo is ok? I'm so glad. I've had that one for at least a year!

Brooke and Aaron said...

Thanks for the tips. I've been meaning to change our email address anyway. We went to Disneyland today and the weather was great!..jealous? Ironically, I want to move back to Utah. Crazy, huh. ..Salt Lake though not Provo.