Saturday, August 25, 2007

"It's a Small... Small... World..."


Just like the ride at Disneyland teaches us... it really is a small world after all. Andrea has been on this Nissan Murano kick lately. She absolutely loves these things. I have never driven one and so my opinion of them is "they look cool". After hitting a Saturday afternoon showing of Harry Potter Andrea and I decided to run by Nissan so I could have this experience of driving this car (SUV). The sales guy that came out to help us has a really thick accent that I couldnt figure out where it was from. During the test drive I asked him he was from and he said Colombia. I had visited Colombia for a week on my mission and my last area was right on the Colombian border... needless to say we immediately moved into speaking spanish and completely forgot we were on a test drive. I told him I served my mission in Venezuela and he asked med what city I served in, when I told him Maracaibo he freaked out even more because he had totally lived there, in fact he ran his business in Maracaibo. I told him where I lived in the city and he totally knew where I was talking about. It was so cool. He told me that he moved from Colombia to California.. I told him I was from California and he said on really what part and when I told him you should have seen the look on his face... he was shocked.. thats exactly where he lived in CA. I dont think I have ever had such a random connection to a car sales man. This didnt work out in his favor but it was nice to meet him. What are odds really...

3 comments:

Brody said...

What did you think of the car? It's awesome right?

ANDREA said...

I drove it, and yes its great! We dont really have the money for one, but I would love one!

AMY LEVATAU said...

what are the freakin chances...thats quite the coincidence. i think it was a big sign that you should have gotten the SUV and given me the camry. duh guys..open your eyes!