Thursday, May 8, 2008

Church Celebrity Encounter

Andrea and I had to run a few errands before our Mother' Day weekend. We needed to make a trip to our local Super Target in Orem. We decided to stop in at Wendy's for dinner... typically we don't go in to eat but tonight we decided that it made sense. When I was waiting at the counter for our food I looked around the restaurant which was basically empty. There was an older couple sitting at the table near the ketchup that caught my eye. I looked at him and thought... that totally looks like Elder Perry... I dismissed the thought because of the location and the fact that he was dressed casual (I thought they couldnt dress casual in public). We passed by I decided that it really was him and his wife! Andrea had no idea... when I told her she was like.... no way!... She looked and discovered for herself. I wanted to go up to him and meet him but I didnt think I would really have anything to say to him. I sat there thinking... I need to go up to him... I shouldnt be such a chicken and besides I just took a living prophets class at BYU so I knew a lot about him. So I got up and went over to talk to him. This is how the conversation went.

Me: "Excuse me.. are you Elder Perry?"
Elder Perry: "That's what they usually call me!"
(Awkward pause)
Elder Perry: "Who are you?"
(Long pause)
Me: "Brad Frandsen... I thought it was you... I just needed to come find out... its nice to meet you... sorry to interrupt (frosty eating). Have a good night!"
(Me wondering why I was so awkward as I walked back to my booth)

Anyway thats the story from my point of view... who would have thought!

3 comments:

Lara said...

You're famous!! How did Andrea not tell me about this??

Anonymous said...

lol My friends and I met Elder Perry when we were up at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building for a choir thing. He's so tall! What a cute old couple though!:)

TR said...

I hate it when my fans bug me in public. I wish they'd just leave me alone.