Tuesday, May 20, 2008

DuckTales

There are a few ponds around where I work. I had to stop for a trail of little ducks on my way into work this morning. Some of the adult ducks have been killed crossing the little road that runs between the ponds so I stopped to let them pass. These little guys remind of this duck that we hatched in preschool. Yes I remember preschool... in great detail. So anyway, I remember the egg in the incubator, the smell, and the little room they kept it in. I am not sure why they had a duck egg but we kept it until it hatched and was old enough to be on its own. The preschool was near a lake in Irvine and once the duck was ready we all took a walk down to the lake and dropped it off with another duck family. I remember thinking that was the coolest thing to watch a duck hatch and grow up. I hope these work ducks can avoid the cars and have more little ducks in the future.

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Our ducks are so cute! I loved when the little ducks hatched and were just little puff balls by the side of the road...

Anonymous said...

is that a picture of our local ducklings?! holy crap, I love baby ducks! they're so cute! great story and post!:)

Kim said...

I can't believe you can remember preschool! Quack, Quack! :)

AMY LEVATAU said...

thats a great picture brad!! youre pretty much a pro